Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Progress Report

Since my last post I have finished attaching all of the deck sections to the basin with heavy hinges. In all cases the hinges work well.  The sections are easy to open and feel quite solid and stable.



Today I fastened the pump to the basin wall.  I attached two pieces of pressure treated 2x4 (scraps from the framing work) to the wall with tapcons.  Then I secured the pump's output pipe to the wood with PCV hangers and screws.  I should be able to remove the pump if necessary by backing out the screws from the wood.  (Something I would not want to do with the tapcons.)



I also glued some of the PVC joints in the output pipe.  I left the joints at each end unglued so that I can remove the pipe from the pump if necessary.  I will secure the end nearest the pump to the basin wall.



No comments: