Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Old Humor

Like other population groups, the old have their own humor. Don't confuse humor about the old with the humor of the old. That's like confusing Polack jokes with Polish humor. (Polish humor, by the way, has a lot in common with our Polack jokes, but at the expense of the Russians.)

Humor about the old:

Elderly wife says to husband, "When one of us dies, I think I will move to Florida."


Humor of the old:


In a Tampa Tribune story about a long term resident, the journalist asks the old man about how he is doing. The old man answers:

"I don't buy any green bananas."



Bumper sticker spotted in Bradenton:






Toward the end of her life, my Mother told me about an elderly couple, both golf enthusiasts, living in a retirement community.

Wife: If I were to die before you, would you remarry?

Husband: Well, yes, I suppose so.

W: Would you let your new wife live in my house?

H: I suppose so. No reason not to.

W: And sleep in my bed?

H: I guess so. Can't see why not.

W: And wear my clothes?

H: No, that would be too personal.

W: What about my golf clubs? Would you let her use my golf clubs?

H: No. I wouldn't do that.

W: Why not?

H: She's left handed.


No comments: