Friday, March 16, 2012

Looking After Cian: Day 3

A Visit to MOSI

Today Cian and I visited MOSI, Tampa's Museum of Science and Industry, directly across Fowler Avenue from USF.

I parked in a campus parking lot, for which I have a permit, and we took the bridge over Fowler Avenue to MOSI.  I have driven under this bridge numerous times, but this was the first time I had ever walked over it.


The obligatory dinosaur skeleton, in the lobby.


 Cian was impressed by this replica of the world's largest hailstone.


Are we having fun yet? 

 Looks like a mixture of terror and delight.  (This is not Cian.)

Cian's head on a platter.

 He liked these gears.  You can move them around to engage them in various ways.


The rope walk.  He was not able to go on the rope walk because they require closed toe shoes and he was wearing sandals.  We learned that at the entrance to MOSI, and he didn't seem to mind.

 The bouncy room.  (Moonwalk?)  He really liked this.  I am taking the picture through a nylon screen.

 Emerging from the Obstacle Course.

 In the cockpit of a Boeing 747.  The instrument panels are real.  He must have spent 10 to 15 minutes in this exhibit.

No comments: